Another Week, Another Day
Another week has gone by. It is an okay week. We have some sprinkles of blessings and some rain here and there. There is some calm at the beginning of the storm.
- Thanks to my daughter for cutting my hair. Less hair, fewer viruses that can be trapped by it in my daily shift in the intensive care unit. Because of the stay at home order, and non-essential business closing, I could not go to the salon.
- Thanks to the great outdoors, however cold. I could walk and breathe fresh air, and be able to distance myself more than 6-feet away from everyone.
- Scrabble online is a blessing to spend time with Paul while we maintain separate households. We had been social-distancing for 3 weeks now.
- The prayer Serenity.
- Cupcakes for my grandson's first birthday. He had no idea his big party was canceled, that his number "1" candle was purple, and his balloon reads "congrats." However non-essential, the common items are in scarcity and we made do with what we have.
- I am thankful I was able to put together a care package for my coworkers. They are individually packed medicine, chapstick, and eyedrops.
- I also put a tray of candies for a week for the staff. Each morning that I come back, it is empty. I like refilling it.
- Did I mention, I am thankful for plain, and simple cupcakes?
- A walk outdoors with family and our dog. Thank goodness my surroundings are clear and not crowded.
- Getting up early to meditate and exercise.
- After wiping my tears for losing patients and a friend's family member from COVID-19 this week, I picked up myself and express gratitude for my health. I am safe. My family is safe.
I pray for continued health so I can keep serving my patients and family. I pray that more personal protective equipment will be available to us soon at work. I pray that this virus will be controlled soon.