Birthday on the Cheap
Here's what my cheap boyfriend did this week.
- My boyfriend is so cheap, he took me out for a birthday lunch in a Japanese restaurant (not cheap, but . . ). Then, instead, of ordering me dessert there, he took me to an ice cream shop next door. "it is cheaper there," he says.
- Not only that but instead of taking me for a nice walk in the park while licking our ice cream, he asked to walk just outside in the parking lot. He did not want to waste gas on a drive to the park.
- We also stirred away from the stores especially the Jewelry store. "They are open," he says. (This reminds me when he offered to walk to the mall with me after 6 pm when the stores were closed. I really liked a pair of boots I could see through the display that I could not buy).
- "I will take you for a nicer date on Saturday for your birthday week." Something to look forward to, so I thought . . . He took me to a trade show to look at RVs, not to buy but just to look. He was even complaining about the $10 entrance fee he paid for both of us.
- Oh, I haven't told you about the big stone he gave me for my birthday. It was this plastic gem on a Hallmark card. Yup, that's my stone pictured above!
Oh, Paul makes me laugh. Please note, I am not putting him down. I really like the guy. He is such an awesome person and he truly takes care of me. He keeps me happy.