Oh my, I turned 46 this week. There are many things I am thankful for, and here's a few.
- A birthday week is not complete without a cake, even if I had to buy it for myself, LOL. I received many gifts I did not ask for so I cannot complain. I am thankful for easy ready-made delicious Oreo ice cream cake I bought last night to share with my dear daughter after a busy day from work in the hospital.
- I have a new bunch of roses to brighten my dining room this week. Thanks to Paul. They replaced the flowers he gave me last Valentine's day. I asked, "so next month, what will you get me?" He just grinned.
- I love balloons. My daughter got me a square balloon for my day.
- She gave me a bag of gifts too, some random things we both like--scented soaps from Lush, scented candles, white chocolate, and donuts. Of course, she can't resist and had to open the bag of little donuts and take a few to taste. Oh, my 17-year old.
- On my birthday night, we went for a quick dinner for authentic Mexican food--tacos and Horchata. They hit the spot.
- I am trying this clothes rental from Le Tote. I received my three items so far including this purple shirt. It gives me ideas to wear and the choice to return or purchase anytime. So far, so good. The shirt and skirt that I receive were comfy and of high quality.
- My daughter made me laugh by boldly writing in the card that I am 46. She does not know yet that as I age, the big number is not something I want to boast about. :)
- I enjoyed the tasty lunch with Paul on my birthday. We had Japanese food, one of my favorites.
- But the greatest gift of all (sorry, Paul) is the award my daughter get for earning the highest score in online class compared to all the students in her school that day.
- In general, the time with my loved ones this week was great. I am blessed to have a family that loves me.