I just came from a whole day of tribute to a dear friend's husband.
I started the day with breakfast with friends and her small family. I brought pan-de-sal which is Filipino rolls I bought from Valentine party last Saturday. The breakfast get together are attended with mostly Filipinos, so it was a nice touch to our early day. It is today, as well, that I learned that a friend of mine just got diagnosed with breast cancer. She is younger than me. She is tearful. I spent a long time talking to her. I hope my words of hope get into her. She will be okay. Like me, I hope she goes over the five-year remission from cancer and can announce, later, that she is a survivor.
I try not to make this a sad post, so I focus on the bright moments of my week.
Here I go.
1. I am thankful for my Yonana. I can make a real frozen dessert that is ultra healthy. A healthy diet helps with cancer prevention (or reoccurrence).
2. I am thankful for the company of Paul's border collie. I watch him while Paul's out of state. Wally felt that I am upset and is now curled on my feet as I type.
3. I am thankful for my hard cover planner I made from scratch. I like Google Calendar too. But I may be one of those weird ones that need both.
4. I am thankful for Velvet, my brown dog. She likes to stare at me so close she makes me laugh. She has no sense of personal space at all. LOL
5. I am thankful for Teavana's cold tea. It is something my daughter and I enjoy. Of course, my teen daughter's gotta have extras on hers, kinda like tea shake.
6. I am thankful for my daughter allowing me to take her to the world of massage. She had her first massage and love it.
7. I thank Paul for the flowers, stuffed bear, balloon, and a box of chocolates, all personally delivered to my door.
8. I thank my co-worker for bringing Valentine goodies for everybody. Look, I even recieved a card.
9. I thank my daughter for painting me the lovely picture of bird mom and bird child on a canvas. She loves me.
10. I thank the beauty of flowers for brightening the funeral reception room. I took one home.
Another thing I picked up from the service is, enjoy your time on earth with your loved ones. Invest in helping others. If you're working, take time for relaxing vacation. This life is too short to waste.