New Year 2021 Gratitude
Welcome to my first post in the New Year 2021. Most of my off days are still spent indoors. It is cold outside. 39 degrees in Colorado. With still some social distancing, I still have many things to be grateful for this second wave of COVID.
- A family member was hospitalized in December but released in early January in better health.
- The COVID population in my hospital is low.
- I completed my 2/2 COVID immunization. It is something to be thankful for being in Tier 1A as I work in the intensive care unit.
- A working fireplace to sit close to - at home.
- A pedicure service for me and my daughter (and a cheese grater for callus removal *laughing out loud*)
- Chair massager at home to go home to after a long day at work.
- My family loves the chair, even little Josiah who is not even two.
- Funny Josiah whatever he does. He eats like a dog with a spoon and fork in his hands. Who needs those spoons and forks? They are just props.
- Kiddie masks fitting Josiah. He does not mind much wearing it. For many things, kids are easier to train.
- Zen time painting cards for a cause (to support some COVID families). My nursing group is starting this project to sell for our fundraising.
- My coworkers still in the fight defending our patients from COVID.
- Trimmer to cut my husband's hair. He let me!
- YouTube for hair trimming instructions. Shhh
- Cupcakes too good to eat. I ate the pearl-like thingies anyway. Delish.
- Chesla the Tesla my husband gifted me. 4 days a week I am on the road for two hours so the self-driving feature on the highway helps a lot and decreases my stress driving.
- Audiobooks to listen to while on the road.