It is cool outside but sunny. It's pretty much the same all week--nice enough to go out but too cold to spend a long time outdoors.
I met up with a friend for a quick lunch at the mall. We walked around and looked at home stuff. She bought a block of knives for her new apartment with her husband. I did like a lot of stuff but decided not to buy any. It took a lot of will-power but I succeeded to control myself. I mean, I do not really need a set of cutting board with pictures of animals (cow, chicken, pig) telling me what kinds of cut each portion is, nor I do need a special cutter for loose leaf salads, a small, red, heart-shaped dutch oven, a Monday through Sunday printed mugs, etc. I mean, maybe I should not use a Monday mug if it is Saturday but early pre-coffee morning is not a time I can make intelligent decisions. They were all so cute though.
My friend did recommend an Asian grocery store close to her area. She is not Asian but I am. How could I not have gone to this store before she did? :) Anyway, I went and got a case of persimmon, so sweet that I do not crave other sweets for dessert after. I have one fruit for almost every meal.
This week was worse when it comes to family problems. But it is nice to get out. And focusing on gratitude really makes me feel better. So, here is my gratitude list.
- A new Asian store, H-mart, to get frozen seafood and produce like the persimmon above.
- A book I heard from Reese's book club. When I was feeling sad one morning, this book made me laugh. Some parts are funny.
- The chapel at work I can easily visit for short prayers for my family and to calm my anxiety.
- A visit with my therapist who gives me coping tools tailored for me.
- New wellness app from my work where we earn points for tracking healthy activities.
- Spending time with my obedient grandson. He is 9 months. I stopped him from going to the bathroom. He listened(but came back to me unhappy). You mean I could not play with the toilet grandma?
- Having a cute grandson. I can write this same line every day. :)
- My son, his dad, finishing a required class required after his ticket.
That is all for now. Like little Josiah, who gets stronger each day and learning to stand up, I, too CAN DO (with) HIM giving me power.
I pray for strength and resiliency.
Have a good weekend.