|At Into The Fire ceramic painting studio with helpful staff, Arvada|
The Christmas season is here!
Wait, it is Thanksgiving week here in the U.S. Some streets are already decorated with Christmas lights. I am not ready yet.
"Can we put the Christmas tree up?"
"Not yet. Let's wait until this weekend," I told my daughter.
We have a small foil tree that literally takes only five minutes to put up and decorate, ready with its light and all. Anyway, it does not matter. It is too early to put a tree up.
I feel hurried.
Can I take the time to be thankful first?
Of course, I can. It is the Thanksgiving week, anyway . . .It will be Thanksgiving Thursday before the Black Friday Christmas shopping event.
Moving on, I am thankful for:
- The freedom I get to enjoy in America. "God Bless America, my home sweet home."
- The approaching year to give me a chance to start anew. I want to be more productive. I already started a new planner, ditching an old one, and using two guidebooks for gratitude. I am excited about 2018.
- Teens staying home and being good.
- Look at me painting ceramics with my daughter.
- Food on the table; most I got on sale.
- Early turkey and ham? Oh, yeah!
- A stable job.
- Financial room to increase my retirement savings contribution by one percent. Baby steps!
- A little pampering I get to enjoy with my daughter, relaxing yoga, for 10-11 dollars per class in one of the top 5 yoga studio in my area. That's a good deal!
- The weekly (or twice weekly) acupuncture continues to benefit me medically, and my insurance reimburses me for it.
Have a good week.