|Kauai vacation pictures outdoors|
Paul and I are lucky enough to go out of the mainland and visit Hawaii's Kauai island. We prepared for this trip with money-saving in mind (we cooked most meals and did not order drinks when we ate out). We also lost weight before leaving. Here is my gratitude list.
- Losing weight and getting fitter. We tolerated short moderate to difficult hikes to go to the smaller and more private beach to avoid the crowds.
- Beautiful beaches we enjoyed for free. The beaches are all public in Hawaii.
- The beautiful, lush, and shady hikes to complement sunny days.
- Natural rocks to sit on to watch the waves and enjoy the cool breeze for hours.
- Jojo's shaved ice with macadamia ice cream on the bottom. We enjoyed the tropical breeze flavor almost daily!
- Hawaiian feast and show called Lua. That was fun to watch.
- The company of friends from Colorado. Of all places, we got to meet in Hawaii after many years. How odd but nice. They stopped over from a cruise.
- The pink sarong Paul encouraged me to get. It is so versatile wrap/dress/top/or skirt! I never had one. It is a must, especially when going to the beach and going somewhere else right after.
- All the beautiful experience we had on vacation. It made me more resilient facing problems waiting at home. My neighbor "mistakenly constructed a fence" some-20 feet passed her property line into my lot. This is partially resolved. Thank goodness in part for my children 19- and 20- year olds adulting. This issue started the next day after I left for an 8-day vacay. Oh, and also, my daughter slipped driving my car on a snow day days later. My car is still in the shop.
- My daughter is not hurt in the car accident. The other party did not get hurt either.