It is August first. It is my mother's birthday. We would have been celebrating in Las Vegas today and having a reunion but because of the current circumstances of doing our part to keep each other healthy, we canceled the get-together. We celebrated in spirit and togetherness via Messenger video.
Here's my gratitude list.
- A visit from my son in my new home. He stayed a bit and we talked and ate together. Just the two of us.
- My reservation in a nearby city went through however last-minute. It will be nice to get away but not have to fly to a new area. It has been months since I did something for fun away from home. I will be doing short hikes with Paul. The patio picture is a little glimpse of the place.
- A picture from 2018 with my mother in Vegas. We went swimming. It was a good day on her birthday week.
- My grandkids greeting their great-grandma with a video.
- This week's humble harvest and the near future's.
- Support from Lettuce Grow where I got my planter. I don't think my plants are growing fast enough. They gave me some tips. One more grow light. I don't see a lot of difference so far from weeks 1 to 3.
- A new hobby that makes me smile--miniature garden. It is a sort of fairy garden without the fairy. I want to use little animals instead.
- 8 days off from work.
- My daughter and daughter in law helping me do my last boxes of packing.
- My family in the Philippines for making my mother happy on her colorful birthday.